Monday, May 24, 2010

The Chronicles Begin

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the need for public relations professionals is projected to increase by 24% from 2008 to 2018, a much faster rate than any other career. As if public relations isn't hectic enough already, we (public relations professionals), of all levels of experience, are going to have to buckle down and fight for our clients, our message, our jobs, and ourselves.

I, myself, have never been the kill or be killed type I personally believe you get more by killing 'em with kindness. But as the market grows and the competition for the same newspaper and magazine spreads increases and the internet becoming an even bigger cesspool of journalists and bloggers, with smaller and smaller impression, it's time to ask, will my methods be soon outdated?


In this blog, I will try to accomplish a few things:
1) I will discuss business models and concepts and how I see them play out in the real world of PR.
2) I will inevitably, share my experiences, my stories, my triumphs and failures, and all the bumps and bruises along the way.
3) Try to give you, who ever you are, an insight into the world of a real NYC public relations professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment